Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 Red Onions
3 Cloves Garlic Minced
2 28oz cans Crushed Tomatoes
4 cups chicken stock
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
½ tsp crushed red pepper
¼ cup heavy cream
1 bunch of basil torn
1 tsp dried basil leaves
1 tbsp. sugar
1. Heat olive oil in pot. Once you smell the oil add in your onion and season with salt and pepper. Sautee until soft and golden brown. Around 10-15 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
2. Stir in your tomatoes and chicken stock, season with salt, and pepper. Add in crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil then lower to a simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Using an immersion blender puree until creamy and smooth. If you do not have an immersion blender you can transfer into a blender.
4. Stir in your torn basil and heavy cream and let sit for 15 minutes.
5. Top with the cheese of your choice. Parmesan is good Goat cheese is my favorite!
For Video Instructions on how to make this go check this out on our Instagram @Sarandipityfare